Generalist Software Developer, 20+ years experience
Specializing in graphics intensive, cross-platform, native application programming
Helping teams perform through intensive collaboration, solid architecture and automated testing
Recent Professional Experience
Senior Software Engineer, Trane (Ingersoll Rand), 2016 to 2018
Responsible for building a 3D modeling and visualization component for TRACE 3D Plus, a new building energy modeling application.
- Rebuilt a 3D modeling (CAD) application from scratch
- Helped the development team integrate productive new development practices: solid architecture principles, test-driven development, code reviews, pair programming, continuous cntegration and delivery
Skills: C#, Unity3D, .NET Core, .NET Standard, WPF, software architecture, coaching
Researcher, Virtual Reality Design Lab, 2012 to 2016
Researched new methods for visualization and collaboration as part of the VRDL in the University of Minnesota’s College of Design.
- Developed custom virtual reality software for government, architecture, construction, engineering clients Built custom head-mounted displays and physical interface devices
- Taught large and small groups from education and industry about virtual reality concepts and applications
- Supported grant funded research
Skills: C#, Unity3D, C++, OpenGL, electronics, 3D modeling, 3D printing, Objective-C, iOS, Java, Android, networking, optical tracking, teaching, presentation
Master of Architecture, University of Minnesota, 2008 Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, St. Cloud State University, 1998
View this document in Google Docs to generate your preferred format.